Google Wave Notifier
Google Wave Notifier sits in the notification area of your PC and notifies you of unread messages in your Google Wave account with a balloon notification. Here's an example notification:
Important Notice - 24th Sept 2010
Recently, it looks like Google have changed the way Google Wave authenticates, breaking Google Wave Notifier. It doesn't look like there is a simple fix, and since Google are ditching Google Wave soon, I've decided not to invest the required time to fix this. RIP Google Wave. You will be missed! :(
A huge thanks to all of the users of Google Wave Notifier and everyone that helped translate it into so many languages. It was fun while it lasted!
The current version is v1.9.
Google Wave Notifier is now open source, and hosted at Bitbucket! To download, please go to the Google Wave Notifier Download Page.
Changes in 1.9
- Changed source code over to Mercurial from SVN :)
- Added ability to customise the URL used to open Wave to support options like "minimized:nav,minimized:contact".
- Reduced minimum poll frequency to 1 minute.
- Added code to check for the presence of a network before checking for new waves in the background.
Changes in 1.8
- Removed unused Analytics stats code, minor translation tweaks.
Changes in 1.7
- Corrected some Italian and Danish translations.
Full list of changes.
Below is a list of languages that Google Wave Notifier has been translated into. It'll automatically detect the language from your operating system, but this can be overriden in the settings dialog.
If your preferred language is not listed and you'd be happy to help translate, please click here.
Google Wave Notifier requires the .NET Framework 3.5 SP 1.
Bug Reports / Feature Suggestions
Please report any issues (or suggestions) in the bug tracker here.
This is not an official Google application. I'm not affiliated with Google in any way. I'm just a fan of Wave and decided to release this to help encourage others to use Wave!